Above is an example of an 11 year old who created this visual note from a short TEDx talk approximately 2 hours after learning visual note taking skills.
The super fun awesome visual note taking study
We believe drawing is an amazing tool to help us think and learn. Common note-taking methods can create a top down approach and limit creativity. We are inviting students to learn visual note taking skills from Founder of Mind's Eye Creative, Ashton Rodenhiser and be supported through the course of one full school year. We are interested in seeing how students use visual note taking in their classroom studies or throughout aspects of their lives. We will create additional training throughout the year from the questions and support brought forward from the participants.
There is no cost to participate in the study.
We will do everything we can to support students to learn and thrive in the study providing resources, supports and materials as needed.
The first round of applications will be limited to 100 students. After that we will assess our capacity and community interest at that time.
- You are a grade 7 - 12 student
- You live in Eastern Standard Time (EST) or Atlantic Standard Time zone (AST)
- You are interested in learning how to visually take notes either on paper or tablet device
- You have basic writing materials available to you (pencil, paper)
- You can dedicate minimum of 2 hours per week for check ins, question, learning and discussions with others in the study
- You have the support of your parents to participate in the study (we will reach out to them to confirm)
- Willing to document/photograph and submit your visual note taking process throughout the year.
- If you do or do not have a learning disability, all learning situations are encouraged to participate.
- You do NOT have to consider yourself an artist. All creative abilities highly encouraged to apply.
Interested in participating in the study? Follow the bottom below to fill out the application form. Someone will be in touch with you within 10 business days.