Is this you?
- You sit in a class or meeting, scribbling frantically as you try to get every word on paper.
- You strain your brain trying to stay engaged and listen actively—but find yourself zoning out every time.
- You go back to review your notes later and realize in horror that everything you wrote down has left your brain.
- You can’t decide if you just uniquely suck at taking notes or if your brain just…can’t handle information anymore.
Traditional notetaking can be a real bummer. It’s slow, it’s boring, and most of the time you barely retain a thing!
There’s a way to make notetaking fun and effective, no matter what you’re learning.
They require no artistic ability (really!) and have been scientifically proven to help notetakers retain information 8 times better than just writing things out!
I'm Ashton and I've been there.
Now I’m on a mission to teach other people how to harness their creativity, embrace imperfection, and capture information in new, powerful, and fun ways.
Whether you’re 10 or 110, a student, a CEO, or a stay-at-home mom, sketchnotes can help you record (and remember) the info you need.
Not sure where to start? I’ve got you!
I know sketchnoting can feel overwhelming at first.
There’s a whole new visual language to learn and so many resources to sift through. But you don’t have to do this alone.
Sketchnote School will help you...
- New to sketchnoting? We'll help you get started!
- Advanced? We'll take your sketchnoting to the next level!
- You'll walk away knowing foundational drawing skills and how it relates to the flow of sketchnotes.
- How to listen to and capture while putting all the drawing elements together as a whole to create a cohesive, meaningful sketchnote.
- Build visual vocabulary skills so you know what to draw when you hear a word.
- A safe space of like-minded folks who are in a variety of stages in their sketchnoting journey hosted on the user friendly Circle platform
- Opportunity to ask your question and get support from Ashton and other community members
- Access to the Sketchnote All The Things Course
- All of Ashton's ebooks for download
- Cheat sheets with 1000+ drawings for inspiration
- Get early access to all of Ashton's books, products and courses - all which will live in the community!
- Video interviews with other sketchnoters just like you
- Monthly live workshops - topics picked by the community
Only $9 per month
“I value the incredibly artful and expressive way in which you transformed our thoughts into visions. This is EXACTLY what I was hoping for and it reinforces my belief that ideas captured this way have their own power and energy that continues to resonate long after you have put the pen away." - Christopher Black
"I am amazed at Ashton’s ability to illustrate understanding of deep concepts by gathering context from the speaker on the fly. She intently listens and formulates images that resonate with the audience. She truly has a gift, and I’m amazed by her!” Annie Hedgepeth
“Ashton is a force of awesome energy. Her graphic recording is phenomenal and adds a deeper level of understanding to everyone watching the conference talks. Watching her work is spell binding and extremely captivating. Working with Ashton is always a beautiful experience. She is a joyful and amazing being and I want to thank her on behalf of our entire team for our success.” - Mat Xavier